Okay so I will start off by saying that I am not about to preach to you on becoming a DJ, nor am I going to shove a bunch of EDM terms down your throat. What I am going to do is tell you why Laidback Luke is a stand-up guy and why he is one of the most respected DJ’s in the world. How can this help you? Well for starters, Laidback Luke has the qualities that a lot of people are in search of. He is well rounded in all aspects of his life and continues to show people that he isn’t about to change his ways. Anyone can relate to him and hopefully we can all start becoming better people. Laidback Luke released his new documentary “My Son The DJ – AFL.12” which takes us into his life and puts everything into perspective about what it’s like to be a world famous DJ.
What can we learn from Laidback Luke?
1) Be Humble – Laidback Luke has not only made it to the top of the DJ charts, he has proved to everyone that he is down to earth and in it for the right reasons. Whatever you end up doing make sure you stay humble and don’t let the fame or power get to your head. Be real, be genuine and people will respect you. Laidback Luke connects with everyone and shows people he is more than just a DJ.
2) Give Back – Laidback Luke always tries to do something to help his town, his family back in the Philippines and anyone that is less fortunate than him. Do good, whether you have a lot of money or not, try to give back to the world and leave an impact in some way. Volunteer for a cause of your choice, helping people is one of the most fulfilling things you can do. Remember your money doesn’t come with you when you die.
3) Family First – Laidback Luke has an incredible relationship with his family even when he travels around the world on a constant basis. He knows that without his mom and dad he wouldn’t be where he is today. Remember where you come from and who brought you into this world. Always know that a lot of who you are and what you have become is because of them. Show your respect and keep them close.
4) Stay True to Yourself – He talks about how it is so easy to get caught up in the major party scene that comes with the DJ lifestyle. Alcohol, drugs, and late night parties can be fun but at the end of the day the people partying all the time aren’t the ones making the big bucks. Hard work and focusing on what you want are the key ingredients into becoming a success.
5) Dance, Dance, Dance – This one goes without saying, Laidback Luke throws up his double L’s and brings the energy to a completely different level. Dancing like no one is watching is probably one of the best things I can recommend. You don’t have to be good at dancing to make your body move. Life is too short, be silly, have fun and throw up your double L’s.