This post makes me hungry every time I read it. Today for Friday faves, I am talking about my favorite food of all time, which is Mexican. Ice cold margaritas with the perfect cut of lime refreshing you on a warm summer day seems almost too good to be true right about now. Mexican food has so many flavors and if you are like me and love things hot, Mexican food can surely push you over the edge. Mexican is the perfect meal to cook whether you are having friends over or are cooking for yourself it is easy and fast. Here are two recipes that are quick and easy and will provide you with your perfect Mexican meal!
1) Strawberry Margaritas
– 2 cups crushed ice
– 1/2 cup strawberry puree (frozen can or fresh strawberries, pureed)
– 1 cup tequila
– 2 limes, juiced
– Splash Triple Sec
– Splash simple syrup (equal amounts sugar and water heated until sugar dissolves, then cooled)
Combine in a blender, ice, strawberry water, tequila, lime juice, Triple Sec and simple syrup. Puree until smooth. Pour into rocks glasses and serve.
2) Chicken Tacos
– 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
– 1 cup lemonade
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– 1 1/2 teaspoonsWorcestershire sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 bay leaf
– (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
– 1 head lettuce, shredded
– 2 large tomatoes, chopped
– 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
– 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
– 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine chicken, lemonade, olive oil, lime juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, and bay leaf. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink, and juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, warm the tortillas in the oven or microwave until soft. When chicken is fully cooked, transfer to serving bowl. Place lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, salsa, and sour cream in serving dishes. Each person can create their own wrap, using their preferred ingredients.