My love for coffee is extreme and what more could a girl ask for then to receive a Nespresso machine for Christmas. Now this coffee machine isn’t your typical Keurig or Tassimo. This one produces delicious varieties of espresso which you can then create either a latte or cappuccino. Obsessed might be an understatement when I am talking about how much I love this machine.
It is quite simple to use, you start by filling up the back with water and making sure you do a system clean before having your coffee. You then add milk to the canister on the right and fill it up to the correct line. If you want a latte you will fill it up to the higher line and if you want a cappuccino you stop the milk at the first line. As well, you must take the spiral piece off inside the milk canister if you are wanting to have a latte because then it won’t give you the foam. You then select which capsule you would like to use and there are many different varieties and intensities to choose from. My top favourites are Roma, Livanto, Fortissio Lungo and Vanilio. You then lift up the silver handle on top and put the capsule in and close the top of the Nespresso. Then you select either the left side for a shorter coffee or the right side button for a larger one and wait for the coffee to come out.
I should mention you would obviously want to make sure you have a cup under and ready to go at this point. Press the milk button on the canister and let it heat up and it shouldn’t take more than a minute. Once the Nespresso capsule is emptied into your cup add your hot milk and then top it off with the foam. If you are having a cappuccino add some chocolate powder to the top.
The best thing about the Nespresso is that the coffee is always nice and hot and tastes like something out of a real cafe. I can now sit on my couch at home and enjoy cafe quality coffee.
Carly Jensen xo
I remember the day I decided to start “Thoughts With Carly.” It was like everything hit me at once. It was one of those moments when I knew it was what I was suppose to do. It has been almost 2 years since I started my blog and it has definitely grown a lot since then.
I am writing this post because the further along you get into blogging it becomes harder to remember why you started in the first place. You start to look at all the top bloggers out there and get a bit insecure. You see everything from fashion to beauty and you realise how many bloggers there really are.
When I sometimes feel like my blog is not where I want it to be yet I remember what my purpose was in the first place. I wanted to share my thoughts and wisdom with people. I wanted to spread positivity and inspiration to anyone who needed to hear it. Along the way, I have written about many different lifestyle topics but I always lean towards self improvement posts. The best thing about blogging is that you don’t have to follow a certain set of rules. If you want to blog about food one day then fashion the next you are totally allowed to do so. Blogging is all about what you enjoy and what you feel.
When I look back through my posts I can tell there were times where I went off course and was trying to be someone I wasn’t. It doesn’t matter how many times I try, I will never be that fashion blogger who takes the perfect pictures with the best clothes on. But why would I? That isn’t me and that isn’t why I started Thoughts With Carly. For all the bloggers that come to a point where they wonder why they are doing it, just remember why you started. What was your purpose of writing? Are you trying to inspire people through food and self improvement? Maybe you are trying to show people how they should care for their bodies. Whatever it might be try not to forget your purpose. Follow your own blogging path and you will find your own sense of success.
Carly Jensen xo
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10273866/?claim=h2fzp3f3sya”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Photo taken from 27thandluxe.blogspot.com
Calling all spice lovers! I have a chilli for you that will literally knock your socks off. If spice is your thing then this chilli and you will get along great. It is a pretty easy recipe it just takes time to strengthen the flavour. The best part about this chilli is that you will have leftovers for days and the taste gets better as the days go on.
1) Ground Beef (500 g)
2) 1 Large Onion
3) 1 Red Capsicum (Pepper)
4) 1 Green Capsicum (Pepper)
5) Kidney Beans (3 Cans)
6) Mixed Beans (1 Can)
7) Crushed Tomatoes (2 Cans)
8) Corn (1 Can)
9) 1 Carrot
10) 1 Celery
11) Chilli Powder (2 Tablespoons)
12) Cayenne Pepper (Half a Teaspoon)
13) Cumin (1 Tablespoon)
14) Grated Cheddar Cheese
15) Sour Cream
16) Salt n Pepper
17) Sourdough Bread
Start by cooking the ground beef and chopped up onion together in a large saucepan. Cook the meat thoroughly so it is completely brown (10-15 minutes). Cut all your vegetables into bite sized pieces then add all ingredients into pot except the celery, corn, sour cream and cheese. Cooking on medium heat, stir all the vegetables and spices together. Leave this to cook for about 45 minutes to an hour. Add the celery and corn into the pot during the last 10 minutes. Final steps are to dish the chilli into bowls, garnish with grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream then serve with your heated up sourdough bread and butter. You are now officially ready to enjoy your delicious spicy chilli!
Carly Jensen xo
Food Credit: Nick Thompson
One of the best traits you can have is enthusiasm. It changes your world from dull and boring into a place that dances with excitement. Some people think you either are enthusiastic or your not, however, I believe enthusiasm can be created on your own terms. People have always said to me that I get excited about things very easily. I sometimes get confused after people say that because inside I genuinely think most things that I have to do are great. Now don’t get me wrong, cleaning dishes daily isn’t the greatest nor is having to go for a daily run but I believe with most things if you think about the outcome, enthusiam starts to grow.
Why be enthusiastic?
Some of the happiest and most successful people are the ones who are excited to live. They wake up with a zest for life and bring that into everything they do. When you have enthusiasm in your life it brightens you up and gives you hope that you too can get excited again. Some of you might be reading this right now and are thinking that you have to be all daisies and sunshine. The more I thought about it I realised that enthusiasm is a choice. The ones who aren’t enthusiastic are choosing to see their life and situations as negatives. With that all being said, here are my 3 easy tips on becoming more enthusiastic:
1) Think about the outcome – Obviously you get excited about things you like, but what about getting excited about even mediocre things? For instance, by having to clean the dishes and tidy up your house rather than thinking about the not so fun task at hand, how about think about the outcome. After you get through the short term pain, your house will be cleaned and you will feel better. Same goes for when you have to hit the gym, rather than making it a big hassle, think about how good you are being to your body that will help you in the long run.
2) Think about how fortunate you are – For those who know me, I almost fall off my chair in excitement when someone mentions food. Whether their is a pizza box in front of me or someone is talking about a new restaurant I go mental. Now I know everyone doesn’t get as excited about little things like that but instead of just rubbing the small things off, express gratitude. While you shrug your shoulder to that same pizza you get weekly, think about how many people in this world would kill for just a bite. The more you start feeling enthused towards minor things the more you will understand how lucky you are to be able to have them.
3) Accept it, make the most of it – No matter what you are doing, good or bad, accept it and make the most of it. If you are stuck at a function you can’t get out of, you have two choices. A) Be angry and sulk all night B) Enjoy yourself and have fun. Fake it till you make is one of my favourite quotes and it is so true. Wherever you are, be completely there and make the most of it, enthusiasm will come naturally later.
Carly Jensen xo
Photo credit: paloma81.blogspot.com, agirlsrighttodream.tumblr.com