Looking for something new to do with your friends on the weekend? I got just the thing for you whether it is a special event or even just a Friday night catch up, dinner parties are your new go to. After the numerous bar nights one can tend to get a bit bored of their usual weekend routine with friends. This past New Year’s we tried something different and had a fabulous time. By having a fun dinner party at your house you get to enjoy everything from the food, company, decor and on top of that spend a lot less money then heading out to the club.
What we did was each couple had to come up with their own idea for a meal. Luckily we had 3 couples which meant one couple was assigned to appetisers, the next was the main meal and then last but not least someone had to tackle the dessert. For our dinner party we had bruschetta for an appetiser, halloumi (special type of cheese you fry), barbecue sweet chilli chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and lastly we topped it off with apple crumble, chocolate mouse and vanilla ice cream. The best part about the night was that we didn’t have to go to a restaurant to get top quality food. Everything tasted great and we had many laughs through out the night. Add some Moet and strawberries to your evening as well as pink roses for the table and then you are set to have a fun dinner party your guests will love!
Carly Jensen xo
People are living more and more for the weekends and by that the saying “Friyay” has come about. When I first saw this play on words surfacing on the internet I thought it was quite silly. I then realized it was actually quite brilliant and more people should find little things to get excited about. It gives everyone something to look forward to and there is not one person on this planet that doesn’t look forward to the weekend. So with that being said, here are some fun ideas for things to do on Friday:
1) Eat a cuisine you normally wouldn’t-
Mix it up and try something new, if you always have Italian try Greek, if you are a burger person step outside your comfort zone and try Mongolian! For a real different cuisine try Ethiopian.
2) Go see a Drive In Movie – Stock up on snacks and find your nearest drive in movie theatre and enjoy the show under the stars. If it’s too cold out have a themed movie night in!
3) Opposite Night Out- This one is all about switching up what you would normally do. If you usually hang out sipping beers in grungy bars, go out, get dressed up and head out for a night of dancing! Same goes if you usually go out clubbing, try a unique bar and stay awhile.
4) Go into the city and stay at a hotel for a night- Live the high life for a night and stay at a hotel. This is a fun way to get out of the house and do something different.
5) Sports Night- Grab a group of friends and head to the field or court and play whatever sport you feel like! This is exercise and a way to spend time with friends.
6) DIY Night– For all the girls reading this, save your money this weekend and have a DIY night. There are tons of cool websites that show you different craft ideas for your home or even your own wardrobe! Pinterest has lots of cool ideas too.
Enjoy and Happy Friyay!
Carly Jensen xo