Some people find peace within the chaos of life while some people find their happiness once it is calm and relaxed. For me I find both aspects of life important but to become calm for myself I must practice relaxation regularly. For people who suffer from anxiety and even those who just need to slow the pace of their life down take these tips and you will be on the right track to simplicity. Have you ever had too many options in front of you and not known what one to choose? This is because the mind actually doesn’t like to have too many options. It causes more stress and anxiety to have to figure out which option you would regret the least. If your choices were less it would make it simpler, which is why I believe that we must simplify our lives as much as possible. Less is more; you don’t need hundreds of materialistic items to bring you happiness. You can actually practice your own happiness. It comes from within, so simplify your life, find your calm and conquer each day. Here are a few things I do that bring me happiness and they are all quite simple:
1) Drink Tea
3) Going For Walks
6) Bubble Baths
Namaste – Carly Jensen
Photo taken from Pinterest
As I sat dipping my chocolate chip cookies into my milk I realized how perfect that moment was. It is exactly what gives our entire lives purpose and meaning. It is about the little things and the little things count more than you will ever know. Take a minute to think of something small like that, which means so much to you. Imagine if your favorite things were taken away from you, all you would want is another chance to be able to live that again. So in the midst of your chaotic life and big dreams, remember that the chocolate chip cookies in milk mean the most and that you must appreciate it while you still can. For me they symbolize my love for food, the simple things in life and how lucky I am to be able to sit and eat them in the first place. Namaste – Carly Jensen
Good morning to everyone, hope the day has started great and you are ready to take on a new and exciting week! Today I am going to be talking about how to find joy in the ordinary. To me this means finding happiness from the simplest things and not needing something big to fulfill you. The ordinary is all around us we just need to learn how to appreciate it better. If you look for the best in everyday and are happy with what you have already, you will not feel the need for more. Be happy about your morning coffee, get excited about your daily run after work, all these things play an important role and are pieces towards the bigger picture. Remember happiness grows on the inside first, in order to conquer anything in this life, you must be happy with yourself before other things can fall into place. By finding joy in the ordinary will make you appreciate the moment and quit hoping for bigger and unrealistic things.
Hallelujah it is Sunday. Sunday to me is the most relaxing day of the week. This is probably because I get to do nothing all day long which for me is perfect. We all have such busy lives and schedules it’s nice to have one day a week where you can relax and do absolutely nothing. I truly believe it is very important for everyone to learn to slow down and unwind. Even if it is just one day a week make sure you find time to relax and have “me time” as they call it. Now what are some things you can do with your relaxing Sunday?
1) Sleep – This one seems so simple but I think it is the most important. Why not take a day to sleep and relax. Whether you are up partying on your Friday and Saturday’s or taking it easy your body will probably thank you for letting it rest and rejuvenate.
2) Read – Grab your favorite book or magazine and lie in bed and read for a couple hours. If you are like me and love being on the computer, there are tons of online blogs and reading that you can do as well. Reading helps you disconnect and live in the present moment.
3) Listen to Music – I usually get all caught up on new music on Sunday so that I have good driving to work music for the rest of the week. Take an hour out of your day to put new music onto your IPod.
4) Go for a Walk – Yes that is correct I didn’t say run or go to the gym. Working out is awesome and a huge stress reliever but sometimes we put so much pressure on ourselves to look good and get in that daily workout that I think Sundays are perfect for going on a long walk to clear your mind. Walking is good exercise and helps you think clearly and figure out what you have to get done for the week.
5) Get a Coffee – This might be one of my favorite things to do on a Sunday. Grab a coffee in a cute little coffee shop and catch up with a friend. It is so relaxing and you get to express how you are feeling and what is going on in your life. Thank god for coffee and friends.